About Romy Smit
Romy Smit is a lawyer at AKD who specialises in corporate law and commercial disputes settlement. Romy frequently advises and litigates (in both first instance and on appeal) on, among others:
- shareholder disputes, and disputes between directors as well as between shareholders and the company board;
- disputes arising from acquisitions;
- director liability issues (for example in the event of bankruptcies);
- liability of professional practitioners (for example in the event of professional errors by lawyers and accountants);
- (international) trade disputes resulting from commercial contracts.
Romy is a persistent lawyer who always wants to achieve the maximum result. She is not only strong in terms of substance and litigation but also has a practical attitude when it comes to resolving a dispute. In addition Romy is not only businesslike, but also friendly and engaged according to her clients.
Romy also has knowledge of the law of attachments and enforcement and experience in levying various types of attachments and litigating in temporary relief proceedings for the withdrawal of attachments as well as in enforcement proceedings.
In addition to her work for AKD Romy publishes regularly in, for example, the Tijdschrift voor Insolvencyrecht (TVI), F-Facts and for the International Law Office (ILO).